Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Celebration of Life



L i f e
Is Not Measured
By the Breaths We Take,
But by the Moments
That Take Our Breath Away

This Friday we will celebrate
the Life of our son, Riley Dean Black
on his 1st birthday, March 14th, 2008.

In honor of his birthday we had awareness bracelets made with his name on it. They were mailed out to immediate family and friends who were involved in Riley's short life. It is our hope that they will wear it on Riley’s birthday to remember our precious son and hopefully get the opportunity to share with others the impact his life has made.

I also took balloons to his gravesite. At Forest Lawn, they have very strict rules on decorating. Actually, all they allow is flowers in the vase or hanging on a shepherd's hook. Nothing else. But my neice Jacque and I snuck over today and tied balloons on Riley's hook as well as hooks on the babies sites around him. It looked like they were having a birthday party for him :) I'm sure the party in heaven is awesome. We still miss him, but celebrate his life in heaven and look forward to having both our boy's birthdays on the same day each year.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday (tomorrow!) to Riley!!!! And, also Happy Birthday to TY!!! It's so great that those two will have the same birthday, an amazing bond that Ty will always share with his brother!!! The site looks beautiful, the perfect first birthday party for Riley!

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you, Dennis, and Ty! I can't wait to see pictures of your new little man!

Sara said...

I think the bracelets were a very thoughtful great idea. And I love the balloons. I'm sure he's having a great birthday in heaven.

Good luck tomorrow. I can't wait to read all about it and see pictures of Ty.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Riley and Ty!!! I really love the bracelet, you already know that. Good luck tomorrow mommy, I can't wait to see you guys holding that big boy.