Monday, March 1, 2010

Ugh...Bedrest

After multiple visits now to the hospital with consistent contractions that would not stop, it looks like I'll be on bedrest for the long haul. The ctx started at 30 wks, then again at 33 & 34 wks. The Terbutaline didn't work for very long and they increased it over the weekend. Unfortunately that too wasn't enough, and the side effects were becoming too much. Now I'm on Procardia. The ctx still come and go, but at least they "go".

My parents have been an incredible support through this. They have set up a "Boys Room" at their house for our boys. And a "Girls Room" for Greg's girls. Ty has a racecar toddler bed at their house and has been enjoying his sleepovers there.

And Dennis...I can't say enough about how incredible he is as a husband and daddy. It's so hard to stay down and watch him take over Everything that has to be done. The cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping, taking care of Ty...on top of his two jobs! I tried to get up and pitch in one day and make dinner. Big mistake, the ctx started again. So as much as I want to help, I can't. I try to thank him a million times over because that's all I feel I can do. He's amazing though and just keeps trucking on without complaining.

I have much more respect for women on bedrest now. I've always heard them "complain" about how difficult it is. But like with most things in life, you can't ever truly understand until you experience the situation for yourself. Most people would give anything to be told to stay in bed for several weeks. The problem is, during pregnancy, you're so uncomfortable, that you don't rest that well anyway. As soon as I find a comfortable position, my leg falls asleep, or my hips start hurting, or I have to pee for the million'th time.

It's hard not to be selfish and just want this kid out. I know he's better off each day he spends in the womb. There is also a lot of time to sit and think. And as a NICU nurse who probably knows too much, all the possibilities run through my mind. March is a confusing month for us anyway. Our miscarriage was in March '06, Riley was born & passed in March '07, and Ty was born in March '08. I just want this kiddo out and healthy. But God is reminding me daily that He is in control and He has perfect timing and wants good things for me. So I just hang onto that for now.

1 comment:

Em said...

Oh, Amy ... I can't even imagine how difficult this is for you!! Hang in there and please let me know if I can do anything for you!! Praying for you!!