Thursday, September 18, 2008

6 Month Pictures

Oh, the 6 month pictures...what a trip. I scheduled our appointment in the morning thinking that would be the best timing since his nap times change from day to day. So we all got up and ready to go to Portrait Innovations by 9am. Usually it is crying that most moms worry about, but for Ty it wasn't crying, it was waking up. It was like he was in a daze and jingle bells, peek-a-boo, and any other silly face or noise wasn't going to get him to smile. So after sitting down to look through the over 75 pictures they took and listening to the sales pitch, we decided to reschedule for that afternoon.

Dennis & I weren't real happy about how pushy they seemed to be at Portrait Innovations, so we decided to go to JCPenney instead. At 2:00, I made sure he had napped, was fed, changed, and ready for pictures. But again, he just wasn't into it. I realize that you're not always going to get a smile, but it was more like he was out of it. So, defeated once again, I decided to give up for the day.

Of course I was bummed, but as Dennis reminded me "they're just pictures". As any of you who read my blog knows, I take them all the time. What's the difference right? I don't really know, but it just seems like we have to have professional ones, at least at the milestone ages. I have quite a few friends who have taken great pictures for me in the past (Brandy & Meagan :) But I think it would be the same situation.

So today, I resigned to taking some at home myself. Actually it was kind of fun. Ty still wasn't into it very much, but at least a little more than yesterday. So here's what I've got:







5 comments:

Sarah Pead said...

These look amazing!
You don't even need a professional to do it! I think you got some really amazing ones yourself! That last one is absolutely amazing! I say blow it up to an 8x10 and hang it up!

Sara said...

You got some great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Amy,

The pictures are AMAZING!!!! I honestly don't think you could've gotten better ones taken anywhere!! Ty is so cute!!! I can't believe how big he is getting and that he already 6 months old! :)

xoxxoxo
Julia

Heather said...

Seriously! Great job! The subject may have had something to do with it! And the props, no one would ever guess that was "Mom's studio". It is funny with Evan I was the same way about the milestone pictures. Then w/ Carter I hit a few of the milestones. And then with the babies, forget about it! I am so bad I have yet to get their 1 year pictures, then their 18 month b-day past by, still no pictures. Now that they are 19 months! You'd think I could get it together enough to get some pictures taken! But I am sure you won't be that way!
Heather

Jodi said...

I was similarly discouraged at Ali's 9 mo. portrait session! She cried the whole time and I was so frustrated. My mom was with me and just had to tell me that it's not about getting the "perfect" picture, it's the memories. She also told me that there are several pictures of me as a little girl where I had been crying too. I finally just listened to her, let the (stupid) girl (--yes, she was TERRIBLE) take what few pictures she could and that was that. But, I understand your feelings....it's hard NOT to want the perfect picture! But, you did a great job at home! I think they look great!