Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cancun 2008


Ahh...we're home and refreshed from our 4th annual trip to Cancun. Ty did fine. The grandmothers caring for him did fine, although exhausted I'm sure. And Dennis & I did fine without our little man. I won't lie...I missed him. But one thing I've tried to do in recent years is listen to the wisdom of those who "have been there". I've learned from these people that we have to put our marriage first (yep, before our kids even). They will benefit much more from their parents having a strong marriage, not to mention sanity.
As a stay-at-home mom, I never realized how secluding it can be. We grabbed some lunch in the Charlotte, NC airport before our connecting flight. I told Dennis that I felt like I was "let out" into civilization again. It was invigorating to be out with people. I had been out quite a bit since having Ty, but when he was with me, my mind was always in mommy mode. Finally I felt like Amy again!

We stayed at the same resort as last year, The Grand Oasis Cancun. It's all-inclusive and really the way to go.

This is my morning quiet spot. At home I LONG to sleep in, at least until 9am (it's a rare occasion). But on vacation, as soon as I open my eyes, I want to get outside. I woke up around 6am each day, sat in these chairs by the ocean, sipped on some coffee and read. If for nothing else, the trip was worth those mornings...

As I mentioned, this is an annual group trip. Each year the group changes. This year there were 4 of us (Dennis & I, our friend Jim & his brother Randy).


The weather was beautiful. I'll spare you the details because we heard how cold it got here at home. But if you ever get the chance, you have to visit Cancun. I can't ever get over the aqua water.The resort has a bunch of restaurants to choose from. My favorite was the Asian. Of course the guys favorite was the meat place...


There were lots of good times. I won't post every picture because I know how much fun it is to see other people's vacation pictures. But if you want to watch the slide show, come on over! LOL JK. Anyway, I'll leave you with a few more :)


Pizza at the bus stop at 2am. "Only in Cancun..."


The Three Amigos...

5 comments:

Meggan said...

You made it! It looks beautiful! So how was it really...would you do it again or did you feel like you left your heart at home?

Jodi said...

Ah, I'm jealous! Not only of the trip you just had, but my lord woman! You look fabulous!!!! I couldn't muster up enough courage to get back in a bikini this summer...you look great!!!!!!

Sondra said...

So glad you guys had a fun time! It's a strange feeling leaving mommy world and just being yourself again for a little bit.

Stacy said...

I love looking at vacation photos! You should put them all on facebook! :) Glad you two had a great time!

Sarah Pead said...

I'm so glad you're back. But I am oh so jealous of the warm weather that you got to enjoy while we were freezing our "tushes" off! I can't wait to see you on Thursday at MOPS. Love ya!