Saturday, October 3, 2009

Walk to Remember '09

Today was the annual Walk to Remember.
It's a time for parents and families who have lost babies, to come together and remember their life.

The day starts at St Francis Hospital in Beech Grove. Everyone gathers and chooses a balloon for their baby.
Then we walk from the hospital to a near-by park.


At the park we all gather on the lawn with our picnic chairs and blankets and listen to poems, prayers, and each baby's name is read.
These are a few of my friends who I met because of Riley's life. They are also mothers of Riley's little buddies in heaven :)
Each year I choose a balloon for Riley, and one for the baby we lost to miscarriage in 2006.
After the readings, we all release our balloons. It's an emotional time to see that so many other families have also experienced the painful loss. But I also find it healing to know I am not alone and that others stand with me in my struggle to carry on.
After the ceremony, we are all allowed to choose a beautiful potted Mum to bring home. It's always a nice way to start off the season :)
Phil 1:19-20
"Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body."

No comments: