Monday, August 2, 2010

Ty Takes Showers

This morning I hopped in for a quick shower before running Ty to preschool. To my surprise, Ty asked if he could get in too! I said yes, thinking yeah right, this will never last. But he did it! He took off his own clothes, hopped in, leaned his head down & let the water run over him, and said, "Okay, I'm done". Hey, it's a start! And it's MILES away from the coaxing and crying that we've been getting trying to bathe or shower this child. Something awhile back must have scared him tremendously, because he's been literally terrified of getting in the tub or shower (mostly at our house). So this is a BIG step and we were sure to make a big deal out of it.

Miss Tori, his wonderful preschool teacher, also had me send some shampoo to school today. She said they play outside in shower-like sprinklers and was hoping to get him used to washing his hair that way :) She's awesome!

No comments: