Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ELECTION DAY


Well...Ty didn't really vote, but he sure waited in the 2 hour line with Dennis & I. What an exciting election! By late tonight or early tomorrow, history will be made. America will have it's 1st female Vice President or 1st African American President!
Whatever the decision, I hope that Americans will rally around our new leaders and respect their position. It seems that our economy, among other issues, are crumbling around us. But...God is still in control. We are still One Nation Under God, whether some want to admit it or not. I respect our President and the power his decisions have. But there is One more powerful and will outlast all the rulers.
So my hopes, and the hopes I have for my children's future, is not wrapped up in my candidate of choice, or whom ever is elected. But I voted, because our democracy is one of the great freedoms we enjoy in this country!

No comments: