Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Ty!

Today Ty is One :)
I've always heard parents say how quickly their kids grew up, but I couldn't grasp it until I had my own. It seems like yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital. I will admit that the first 6 months felt much longer than the second 6 months. I'm sure that was mostly due to lack of sleep and learning how to be a mom. I still don't know how. All I know to do is love him and take care of him the best I know how...and pray he turns out okay ;)
Ty has been walking while holding our hand for awhile now. But in the past few days he has worked up the courage to take a few steps on his own. He has 4 teeth now and enjoys using them to eat just about anything. I'd say his favorite food right now is mandarin oranges. He's jibber-jabbering up a storm and is able to say a few words...Momma, Dadda, no-no, ball, dog, quack-quack (this is what his bath ducky says ;) In the past week or so he has started to clap his hand and enjoys practicing this new skill while riding forward facing in his new carseat :)
I don't have a current weight on him, but will find out next week at his one year check-up. Ty has been off the bottle and taking his formula in a sippy cup for a good month now. We have tried whole milk on several occasions. Each time he gets very fussy (actually he screams), has diarrhea, and vomits. So needless to say, that will be a discussion with the doctor as well.
It's incredible to watch this "little Dennis" grow and learn. I can't wait to see what year 2 holds.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Ty!

Sarah Pead said...

Happy Birthday my widdle turtle!